Initial situation and project goal
The customer belongs to the leading international telecommunications companies. Based on declining growth rates and increasing competition in the core business, the company has began looking for future growth areas and has identified the sector of "mobile payments" as one of these. EY Innovalue was asked to support in the development of a corresponding business field strategy.
The most important project milestones include:
- Analysis of the market and competitive environment
- Development of the future strategic positioning in the mobile payments business field
- Definition of the company's future scope of services in the mobile payments ecosystem
- The form of the business area organisation
- Development of detailed product strategies
- Identification of business partners and service providers for the provision of non-strategic products and services
- Development of go-to-market strategies
- Business and financial planning for the mobile payments business field
Project results and outlook
- Successful international launch of different payments and commercial solutions including mobile wallet, payment cards, mPOS terminal, loyalty and couponing
- Establishment of international business partnerships with payments schemes, acquirers, network operators, processors, PoS terminal manufacturers, dealers, manufacturers of branded goods, etc.
- Establishment of an effective and knowledgeable payments staff and organisation
- Development of a sustainable payments strategy